Sunday, July 9

Police Campaigns

Northumbria Police are running a campaign at the minute to warn people that if they get off their face drunk, they'll come down hard on them, i.e. to stop binge drinking etc. The photo ads are on billboards around the region and on backs of buses etc.
The girl pictured in this one is a work colleague of Jen's, (name not listed to protect the innocent). She reckons it was a nightmare trying to keep a straight face in the photo's whilst trying to appear p*ssed. Keep an eye out for her, and yes she's had all the jokes already about a face like the back end of a bus etc etc!!
Hmmm, I'm sure if they wanted volunteers to actually get drunk for the photo's Jen would have been straight in there!!

A guy was sticking these cards on the windscreens of cars in Blyth last week. The idea being that people put them on their dashboard when leaving their car parked. I have to say I have my doubts; I think if people are going to the effort of putting a sign on the dash saying there's nothing of value in the car, - then there more than likely IS stuff in the car.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like some sort of middle aged car theif here, but I just don't see this campaign working. Maybe it's just the way I think though...?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home