Tuesday, April 25

Take That

We went to the opening night of the 'Take That' tour on Sunday, and as you can imagine I was hardly relishing the prospect! However my preconceptions were proved well and truly wrong and I like the other four and half thousand people had a really good night.

The simple fact is, no matter whether you like the music or the performers, if the atmosphere is good enough, you can't help but have a good time and that's what did it for me. Because the audience was somewhat older than what you'd traditionally get at a 'boy band' concert, it made all the difference. There wasn' t the constant screaming making the music in-audible for a start, and they really knew how to work the crowd! I've put together a little flickr photo blog of the night here, but I'll also give you a quick song run down...

1. Once You've Tasted Love - Definitely not the song I' d have expected them to open with, and was starting to wonder if I actually knew Take That songs!
2. Pray - Things took off with a bang and the crowd sang every word of this one.
3. Only Takes A Minute - Done with a Latin twist and the lads tried to Tango, - didn't work!
4. Everything Changes - With an acoustic feel and this one really worked
5. Million Love Songs - They all sat round Gary whilst he played the piano to this, - one of the best on the night in my opinion.
6. Beatles Melody - Performed on seperate centre stage. Die hard fans loved it, but didn't really work for me.
7. How Deep Is Your Love - Acoustic and again on centre stage. Good.
8. Love Don't Live Here - Sang whilst walking back to the main stage through the audience!! A brave move but I don't think they'll repeat the walk on future nights - Mobbed!
9. 'How to make a Boy Band' - A kind of narrated song acted out by the group about the ingredients to make a band. It was really clever and worked well, - included a couple of references to Robbie.
10. Sure - Bit cheesey for me.
11. Relight My Fire - The stage show for this was amazing, with circus performers etc. Beverley Knight did Lulu's vocals on the centre stage.
12. Back for Good - Again the stage helped to really make this song with rain falling. Worked well.
13. Never Forget - The encore and unsurprisingly the best song in my opinion. It proper whipped the crowd up with everyone's arms going in time, and they soaked the front rows with the puddles which had formed on stage.

There were probably others, inlcuding a couple of solos, but I think I've covered the best bits.

Go see them if you get the chance, and I think as far as Jen's concerned - Robbie will have his work cut out when we see him at Glasgow in September.....!

P.S. Jen returned to the concert venue the following day on a tip off that the group would be there for autographs. She succeeded in meeting Howard (photo at start of post), and also got his autograph.


Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home