Wednesday, December 14

Modern Medicine

No joke in this posting for a change;
When I was approx 18 months old I managed to pull a boiling kettle over myself, and was obviosly seriously scalded. I have no recollection of it, but it was obviously a terrible time for my parents. The recovery was quite lengthy and after that there was always the concern of scarring. As it happens the scarring healed well over the years and it's just now a patch on my left shoulder.
You can therefore imagine my interest when I came across this story about a similar incident recently to another child in the North East. The story is amazing in itself but it really seems to hit home with me as I can relate to how different Connor's life will be thanks to this pioneering technique.
There are no pictures in the article, but here's another link that helps illustrate the spray-on skin process a bit better.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home