Thursday, October 27

Humans are so stupid at times

My office is in the grounds of a hospital in a quite rural area. There are loads of open fields, plenty of ancient trees and quite a bit of wildlife. The hospital itself is very old so a new one is currently being built on part of the site, and as a result there's been quite a bit of digging and removal of bushes etc. - this in turn obviously moves the wildlife.
I'm used to seeing quite tame rabbits about the place which was good until recently. Apparantely Myxomatosis is rife at the minute which is something I didn't really know much about. - Check out Wikipedia's description.
So a group of people decided to calm the rabbit population of Australia by creating a disease. - I can't believe they seriously thought the disease would remain isolated to the one Country! This was the sight outside my office window this morning;

(Sorry for the graphic picture but it hammers my point home)
I also saw a rabbit hopping round the new hospital site last week with what were apparantely the early symptoms of 'Myxy' as the workmen like to call it. Not nice, - it was basically totally out of it, bouncing into things and really confused.
Sorry for the morbid posting, but sometimes a blog rant is called for!!

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home